The Marple Newtown Amateur Radio Club is an ARRL affiliated club aligned with the basis, purpose, and principles of the FCC for establishing and governing the Amateur Radio Service which includes:
- Recognition and enhancement of the value of the amateur service to the public as a voluntary noncommercial communication service, particularly with respect to providing emergency communications.
- Continuation and extension of the Amateur's proven ability to contribute to the advancement of the radio art.
- Encouragement and improvement of the Amateur Service through rules which provide for advancing skills in both the communications and technical phases of the art.
- Expansion of the existing reservoir within the Amateur Radio Service of trained operators, technicians, and electronics experts.
- Continuation and extension of the Amateur's unique ability to enhance international goodwill.
This website is designed with the goal of keeping current members up to date on the club's activities, extending an invitation for others to join us, and providing information to those who are not yet Amateur Radio licensees and believe they may have an interest in participating in this exciting activity. As such, you will find a number of areas and/or links that will serve an educational function.